Did you know …
- The oldest work of art in the Western Hemisphere was found in Vero Beach three years ago.
- Vero has the most important Ice Age archaeological site in North America with the oldest human remains ever found with Ice Age animals.
- Dennis Stanford, head of Archaeology at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington. D.C. came here in Feb. 2012 and strongly endorsed our plans.
- Top British Ice Age Art specialist Paul Bahn came to town in March 2012. He says we need to look for more Ice Age art. He thinks it’s here.
- OVIASC just received a $25,000 grant toward our Vero Man Site excavation from the Felburn Foundation.
ARE YOU Ready to Dig?
Listen to our Chairperson Susan Grandpierre and Vice Chair Dick Kerr explain our project. Click here for Three minute video
Click here for the latest science about the human bones found here in 1915.
Join OVIASC and help raise funds for the new excavation at Vero Man !
The Main Canal, Vero Man Site and First Diggers Club in Vero Beach