Vero man - Archive Center and Genealogy Department at the Indian River County Main Library - Department of the Indian River County Library system offering genealogy research resources as well as archived research materials. Home to the "Vero Man Finding Aid". This is a current updated list from Pamela J. Cooper, Supervisor , Archive Center & Genealogy Department, Indian River County Main Library, 1600 21st Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960
Fossil mammals of Florida
Cave Man Profiles for Kids.
- America's Stone Age Explorers.
- Ask Mr Dig. Prehistoric Humans.
- Free Lesson Plans & Resources for Early Man.
- Free Lesson Plans & Resources for Archaeology
The Cultural Council of Indian River County
- A non-profit Local Arts Agency with a mission to nurture a cooperative environment in which cultural and educational organizations and individuals may thrive and thereby enrich the quality of life in Indian River County for all residents and visitors.
The Emerson Center's Public Programs Committee
- A non-profit Council providing free public programs that explore Florida's history, folklore, environment, literature, music, and art. Programs are presented at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship Emerson Center in Vero Beach.
The Florida Humanities Council
- Dedicated to building strong communities with informed citizens by providing Floridians with the opportunity to explore the heritage, traditions, and stories of Florida and it;s place in the world.
Florida Public Archaeology Network
- Dedicated to the protection of cultural resources, both on land and underwater, and to involving the public in the study of their past.
The Indian River County Commission
- Board of County Commissioners
The Indian River County Historical Society
- A private, non-profit organization with a simple mission to save, preserve, and restore the historical and environmental resources of Indian River County.
The Indian River Land Trust
- Mission to promote the preservation, conservation and improvement of Indian River County's natural resources.
Silver River Museum
- Provides unique hands-on learning opportunities for Marion County Public Schools students, staff, and the general public.
Southeast Florida Archaeological Society
- An association of professional and avocational archaeologists located on the Treasure Coast of Florida
The University of Florida at Gainesville
- A major, public, comprehensive, land-grant, research university. The state's oldest and most comprehensive university.
The Vero Beach City Council
- A political subdivision of the State of Florida and home to the Old Vero Man site.
The Vero Beach Museum of Art
- Providing cultural leadership and enrichment for the public through a wide variety of educational, studio art, and humanities programs; a diversity of quality exhibitions; and the collection, preservation, and presentation of important American and international works of art.
Back to Top of Page